Love Overdue

Love Overdue - Pamela Morsi

I really enjoyed this book. I connected with DJ, and Scott was a terrific male lead. Throughout the book they did a lot of flashbacks to the Spring Break event. I liked learning about that in bits and pieces. There were quite a few supporting characters that gave the small town feel. Without those supporting roles, I think the story wouldn't have been as good. I'm glad Pamela Morsi included them.

There are only two reasons why I didn't give this book 4 stars instead of 3. Unfortunately, they're both spoilers, so skip over the next portion if you don't want to see those...

*************SPOILERS**************

I absolutely hated that Scott's mother, Viv, was planning her suicide through out everything. I liked the snippets into her plotting to set up Scott and DJ, but what she was planning on otherwise, I just didn't feel like it was necessary for the story. I'm glad Dew ended up saving her life, but the whole thing I don't think should have even been apart of it. The second thing that bothered me was that Scott didn't figure out that DJ was Sparkle until the last sentence of the last actual chapter. I'm glad they did an epilogue where we saw their happily ever after, but I had been waiting for so long to see the reaction to his putting it all together! And then nothing!! Not a confrontation, not a conversation, nothing!!

*************SPOILER END**************

I think I would still recommend this book to certain people who might like it. It's definitely not one I would advertise without reason.