One Good Earl Deserves a Lover

One Good Earl Deserves a Lover - Sarah MacLean Absolutely amazing! I'll be adding this to my favorites.

After reading this book, I'm very confident that I've determined my favorite type of hero. That hero is the one who is ashamed of something about himself to the point where he feels unworthy of happiness. This man pushes anyone he cares about away so that he doesn't hurt them. They try so hard to do what they see is best for those they love, even when it is the one thing they truly desire. Cross was this man, and I fully admit that in reading this book, I fell in love with him as a character.

Sadly for me (haha not really I guess) he was meant for Miss Pippa Marbury. She was fantastic! I found her to be very intelligent and true to herself. She knew what her morals were and stuck to them. Funny thing for her was, she starts realizing the world isn't as black and white as she'd always believed. The absolute sole thing I disliked about this book involved Pippa though. She was scientific ALL THE TIME. I'm an engineer and have met many very intelligent scientist types who didn't only think of their studies. She made me think of a female version of Sheldon from the Big Band Theory at times. I also think that glasses doesn't always land on intelligent people's faces. It seems that books always make that stereotype.

I did absolutely love the conversations between Cross and Pippa. They just understood each other so perfectly. It was quite charming. I would love to go to The Fallen Angel. It sounds like so much fun! I don't want to give away any spoilers for people who haven't read this, but Pippa's genius really makes the end spectacular! I just absolutely loved it!

I cannot wait to continue this series. This is the second book of Sarah MacLean's that I have read. She's just got another huge fan to add to her list. She is now a must buy author for me.