A Lady by Midnight

A Lady by Midnight - Tessa Dare This was every bit as wonderful as is expected of Tessa Dare. The romance was beautiful and the character's were so detailed. I absolutely LOVED Badger! He made me think of my puppies and how much I love them:)

Kate was a remarkable woman. I always admire teachers, and she loved and believed in her students so much. She was also a determined person, never stopped looking for answers. I loved her tactics at getting those answers and many other things.

Samuel was a very stubborn man. He wasn't one who knew the right words to say, so he didn't speak much. He reminded me of my husband, but to a much more extreme degree. Some of his thoughts drove me crazy, but overall he warmed my heart.

This is my classic favorite tale of troubled man who is in love with a girl he doesn't believe he deserves. While I did find those parts endearing, something wasn't quite there for it either. I'm not sure what that was, but I felt it was missing. That's the only reason it didn't get 5 stars instead of 4.