Romancing Mister Bridgerton

Romancing Mister Bridgerton - Julia Quinn I will never be able to say this enough times, but I LOVE PENELOPE! She is my favorite character of any book ever. She's sweet and kind, but she is smart and witty. Her story is amazing.

Apart from my obsession with our heroine, this book is fantastic! It's funny and romantic and a bit of a mystery when everyone is trying to figure out Lady Whistledown's true identity. I must admitt that I had figured out who it was before reading this book. It was still a good "mystery" however until my suspicions were proved to be true.

Lastly, Colin Bridgerton is my favorite Bridgerton male. (He would be my favorite if not for Hyacinth.) He proves in this book that he does have some faults and can be insecure which makes him much more real. I'm glad he finds his calling.

This is my favorite of Julia Quinn's work. I suggest that anyone looking for a true romance should reas this book, however, I do suggest starting from the beginning with The Duke and I and continuing through the series to this one. Penelope and Colin are both present in those previous books, and they set up the story a little.